3/4 kg - Vegetables (drumsticks, brinjals, yam, string beans, raw banana, ash gourd, ridge gourd)
2 Nos - Large onions
1 tbsp - Tamarind paste
1/2 tsp - Turmeric powder
1/2 tsp - Red chilli powder
8 Nos - Green chillies
1 Cup - Grated coconut
2 tbsp - Oil
1 Tsp - Mustard Seeds
6 Nos - Curry leaves
Salt to taste
Water as required
Cooking Instructions :
- Wash, peel and cube the vegetables.
- Slightly cook drum sticks with salt.
- Grind the coconut,green chillies, salt, tamarind extract to form a fine paste.
- Boil water in a skillet and add cubed vegetables.
- Mix red chilli and turmeric powder with it.
- Cook the vegetables properly.
- Add coconut paste. Stir it.
- Now cook over low heat for about 15 minutes.
- Take a small pan and heat oil.
- Splutter mustard seeds and add the curry leaves to it.
- Saute until the leaves change colour.
- Now pour over the cooked vegetables.