500 gms - Prawns
2 nos - Onions
2 nos - Tomatoes
1/4 tsp - Fennel seeds
1 tsp - Turmeric powder
2 tsp - Chilly powder
3 tsp - Coriander powder
4 nos - Green chillies (chopped)
3 nos - Garlic flakes (crushed)
2 tbsp - Coconut oil
1 Cup - Coconut
2 tbsp - Tamarind paste
2 Cups - Water
5 nos - Curry leaves
Salt to taste
Cooking Instructions :
- Chop the onions and tomatoes.
- Wash and clean the prawns.
- Heat 1 tsp coconut oil.
- Fry grated coconut, fennel seeds and chopped onions till brown.
- Blend it well with water.
- Roast the turmeric powder, chilli powder and coriander powder.
- Mix the roasted powders with chopped tomatoes, garlic, blended coconut, salt and tamarind paste.
- Now add 2 cups water and cook till the mixture turns thick.
- Add prawns and cook till done and mix green chillies.
- Heat the oil, fry curry leaves.
- Adorn with fried curry leaves.
- Coconut prawn gravy is ready.